- In India, most of the people have the mindset that depression can be easily treated and one does not need help for treating any issues related to depression. Many patients also feel that it will get resolved with time.
- In reality, depression can become severe if it is not treated on time. There are cases, where many patients are admitted to emergency care as it was not given priority. Depression has become the most commonly faced emergency, with over 25 lakh admissions every day from all over India.
- Mind and Brain has a team of psychiatrists, clinical psychologist, counselling psychologists, social workers, nurses who are well experienced and can handle any patient dealing with emotional and psychological related issues.
- The team is well trained and they are completely aware of handling any aggressive behaviour which is associated with this illness which is sudden breakdown without any reason, suicidal behaviour, violent behaviour even with close family members. Many patients also show this kind of behaviour when they are dealing with alcohol or drug abuse and are treated to deal with this abuse. The aggressive and suicidal behaviour are the withdrawal symptoms.
- Mind and Brain have a special screening process which handles these cases on priority basis. The team after studying and analysing the medical history, prepare a record of the patients who have to be given more priority based on severity level and the process and methods to be followed for treating the disease.
- The team also knows how to handle and support the patient’s family with the best possible legal and medical aid.
- Many times counselling services are provided to the patient’s family so that all of them remain united to help the patient during this critical stage of life.
- The emergency team is supported by admission team for making the process easier and faster for the benefit of the patient and his family members.
A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is mental or behavioral pattern that causes either suffering or a poor ability to function in ordinary life.